Ways to Give
Through our secure "Member Only" section of our website, you are able to log on to your account and donate to those funds which you choose. If you are not a member, but wish to donate online, please see our "Donate Now" section of the website. (Please note that when using credit cards, Beth Emet incurs a 3% transaction fee, costing the Synagogue $10,000 annually. Please consider offsetting this fee with a contribution of 3% to allow this payment option to continue.)
Donate by Phone
Donating by phone is fast and easy. Please call our office at 847-869-4230 ext. 301. Should our offices be closed, please leave a message and we will promptly return your call.
Donate by Mail
Please send us a note and let us know how you wish to direct your donation, and if the recipient is not a member, please include the mailing address. We do have donation envelopes, which we can send to you upon request, listing the various funds.
* Our address is Beth Emet The Free Synagogue,1224 Dempster; Evanston, IL 60202
* Our fax number is 847-869-7830
Donate by Securities
Gifts of appreciated securities provide an excellent way for you to support Beth Emet Synagogue and to receive tax benefits as well. When you donate shares of stock or mutual funds that have appreciated in value since their purchase, you:
* Make a generous gift to Beth Emet Synagogue
* Receive a charitable income tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the securities at the time of donation (if you have owned the shares longer than one year)
* Avoid the capital gains tax you would incur if you sold the shares instead of donating them
* Carry forward any deductions in excess of 30% of your adjusted gross income for up to five additional years.
If you have securities that have decreased in value since you purchased them, consider selling them and making a tax deductible gift of the cash proceeds. You may then be able to deduct the loss from other taxable income. The combined tax benefits of the charitable donation in cash and the capital loss may actually exceed the current value of the investment.
, Staff Accountant, or call 847-869-4230 ext. 302.
Make a Bequest
, Executive Director, or call 847-869-4230 ext. 304.