About Beth Emet
At Beth Emet, you’ll find unique and abundant occasions for adults, children, and families to connect with the congregation, rejoice in our proud Jewish heritage, enjoy cultural and social events, and share talents and skills in a warm and caring environment.
Connect: Beth Emet is committed to forging meaningful connections within our congregation, with the wider Jewish community, and with the world in which we live.
- Our spirited youth groups, beginning in 4th grade through high school, reinforce the Jewish identity of our young people through social action, religious learning, and just plain fun. We continue our commitment to our children as they graduate, through our college outreach program.
- Through chugim, small groups of members who plan their own activities based on common interests, you can share religious celebrations, educational programs, or simply get together for a bit of fun.
- Our members are involved in ARZA/World Union, North America, an organization dedicated to the development of Progressive Judaism and furthering Zionism. Programs sponsored by our Israel Committee, from speakers to an annual Yom Ha’atzmaut celebration, connect us closely with Israel and our sister congregation, Kehillat Tzur Hadassah, located on the outskirts of Jerusalem.
- Congregational trips to Israel offer memorable opportunities for members to experience the history and vitality of Israel.
- We share our experiences and customs with our sister congregation in Simferopol, Ukraine, helping the members there to reconnect with their Jewish heritage in their own unique ways.
Share: Community embraces you at Beth Emet. All of our lives are enriched by the talents and energy we share.
- Learn more about our community and what we care about as we participate in the Union for Reform Judaism’s “Just Congregations” initiative, through which we act on our values by addressing injustices and repairing the world.
- Express yourself musically through the adult choir.
- Volunteer for the Ozerim (Helpers) Committee, which provides Shabbat dinners to those in need, organizes assistance to ill congregants in need of rides or meals and/or visits congregants in the hospital, arranges shiva minyans, and supports congregants in many other ways.
- Become a student and/or a teacher through our adult education program, which embraces a faculty of talented Beth Emet members and leaders within the Jewish community.
Enjoy: We truly appreciate the chance to share good times with our congregational family through religious celebrations and special social and cultural events.
- Enjoy a creative approach to tradition: Take pleasure in an informal Shabbat potluck picnic, a colorful Purim carnival and “shpiel”, and an annual Sukkah Crawl, a harvest holiday twist on the progressive dinner.
- Delight in an outstanding musical experience at Beth Emet’s annual Kol Emet and Mogul concerts featuring leading classical and contemporary musicians.
- Take part in community events; past events include an authentic shuk (Israeli marketplace, live auction, an Israeli art show, and a spiritual retreat with renowned scholars.